18½"x29" including custom framing
w/c on paper
This neo-classic jewel once called "Drummond Vue" or "Fairview" stands at 44 South Street. Built as a manse in 1847, its location provided a clear view of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church which stood at the corner of Craig and Drummond Streets. Records state it was built of local limestone by a team of six masons and five carpenters, and is another example of the impressive work of Scottish stonemasons to be found in and around Perth. The issue of the high cost of stonework arises and is explained by the fact that in that era, tradesmen frequently worked from project to project for little more than room and board.